Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Baby Girl is ONE!

It is so hard to believe that my baby girl just turned a year old.  In some ways it seems like yesterday that I woke John up in the middle of the night and told him that I thought my water broke and we needed to go to the hospital.  He said: "Do you think we could go back to sleep and wait until the morning?"  You can imagine what my response was!  I laugh just thinking about it.  Before we left for the hospital I made John take my picture because I was pretty sure this was the last day Alexandra would be in my belly!  We left the house around 3:30am on September 12 and arrived at the hospital shortly thereafter.


Alexandra Ella Addison arrived at 1:24pm.  She weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was 19 inches long.  When they first layed her on my chest, I experienced such a flood of emotions.  I was overwhelmed, excited, happy, and relieved to name a few. 


Most of all, I never knew what love really was until the moment I first saw my baby girl.  I definitely cried, but they were tears of joy.  My family was now complete with our new addition.


Fast forward a year and our little Lexiloo is ONE.  It has been the most amazing and wonderful year of my life.  I am so thankful I was able to take an extended leave from my job and stay home with Alexandra.  Having the opportunity to experience all of her "firsts" with her is priceless.  She is the most amazing daughter, and I love her so very much.

PS - Birthday party post coming soon!  I'm waiting on pictures from the photographer, but I might do a mini-post before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment